Eco-Friendly Ghost Decoration
Create your own Casper The Friendly Ghost with the Eco-Friendly Ghost Decoration. It's an easy Halloween craft that will add the perfect spooky touch. Using materials you can find in your kitchen or closet, this cheesecloth ghost is the perfect decoration to haunt any room in your house. Hang it from the ceiling, place it on the mantel or a table, or hang them outside. This cute craft is a great way to get in the Halloween spirit.
- Cheese Cloth – about 1 1/2 Yrds.
- Starch: 3 C Cold water and 3 Tbsp of corn starch boiled and cooled. The consistency should be like gravy.
- Bowl big enough for the cheese cloth and the starch mixture
- Balloon – make sure it’s the thick sturdy latex and not the flimsy one since it has to be strong enough to be draped over with wet cheesecloth.
- Coated wire hanger – if wire is exposed, it will rust and stain the ghost
- Tall bottle of any kind.
- 4-5 River Rocks
- Two black circles cut outs for the eyes.
- Flameless candles or solar lights
Shape the hanger to form two arms and the bottom part to go inside the bottle.
Add the the rocks inside the bottle to make the bottle stable. Insert the wire hanger in the bottle, and tape a blown up balloon on top of the bottle, over the wire hanger. You can secure the wire hanger with tape, if you need to.
Prepare the starch mixture in a bowl large enough to accommodate the cheesecloth.
Dip the cheesecloth thoroughly in starch and squeeze out excess starch.Put the ghost contraption on a large towel because it’ll get wet and sticky and messy.
Drape the cheesecloth over the balloon, leaving enough cheesecloth on the floor, front and back. This extra will help your ghost stand. Again, put the ghost on top of an old towel because it will get wet and messy. Spray on areas that are not fully wet with a sprayer.
- Let it dry completely for several hours or overnight. Glue on the eyes. Add the lights underneath.