3D Spider Sculpture
Create a 3D sculpture perfect for the Halloween holiday. These crafted spiders are a fun way to decorate your home for Halloween. With a few materials, this artsy sculpture will impress guests.
- Green Millefiori
- Black Opal Rods
- Black Opal Coarse Frit 5 oz.
- Black Opal Medium Frit 5 oz.
- Delphi Studio Dome Paper Weight Mold
- Delphi Studio 5" Square Slumper Mold
1. Fill the prepared Dome Paper Weight mold about ½ full with Black Opal frit (both Medium and Coarse).
2. Fire to a full fuse.
3. Cut Black glass rods (4 pieces 5" and 4 pieces 4-1/2")
4. On a prepared kiln shelf, lay out glass rods in two fans, joined at the center to form legs. The long rods should be positioned in the corners, short rods in the center.
5. Center cast spider body over legs.
6. Place several millefiori slices on the shelf to fire (they should not be touching any other glass).
7. Fire to a medium fuse.
8. Apply shelf wash to the Square Slumper mold, covering the top surface and outside edges.
9. Center the fused spider on the prepared Square Slumper mold with long legs at the corners. Place on a prepared kiln shelf.
10. Fire to slump. Note: Glass rods will usually slump at approximately 1150° F, it is recommended to check progress periodically for best results.
11. Glue fired millefiori eyes on to the spider to complete.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Halloween Crafts"
Hundreds of Halloween Crafts, Halloween Decorations and Halloween Craft Ideas featuring step-by-step halloween costume tutorials, halloween decorating tips and free halloween arts and crafts for kids.