10 Minute Supergirl Costume
Need some last minute Halloween costume ideas? This 10 Minute Supergirl Costume is a fast and quick solution for your little lady. With some felt and general crafting supplies, you can create this cute Halloween costume in minutes. It's so easy and fun to make Halloween costumes for kids, and your little girl is sure to love this fun and creative costume!
- Printable mask template
- Felt (one or two colors)
- Pillow case
- Sewing machine and thread
- Measure your ribbon to the desired length, cut and pin into place on the edge of the pillow case (I used a large stitch length so that I could easily remove the ribbon from the pillow case when we were done with the costume). Sew the ribbon onto pillowcase and secure each end by sewing back and forward to keep the stitches from unraveling.
- Download and print out the mask designs. Cut out the mask you prefer and then trace the template on the felt. Cut out the mask from the felt. If you’re using 2 colours, cut along the light grey line from the interior of the mask, trace onto the second colour of felt and then cut out. At this point you can pin or glue the 2 mask cut outs together and then sew around the edge of both the inner and outer mask (if you just want to use glue you don’t really need to do this step, I just thought it looked nicer with the stitching).
- Measure the mask and elastic on your child’s head to make sure you get the correct size – you want it snug but not too tight. Cut and sew the elastic band on either side of mask (if you don’t want to sew you could cut a slit in either side and tie on some ribbon).
- Have your child try on their new costume and say hello to the newest superhero!
Find this costume and more in 10 DIY Halloween Costumes for Your Little Monsters.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Halloween Crafts"
Hundreds of Halloween Crafts, Halloween Decorations and Halloween Craft Ideas featuring step-by-step halloween costume tutorials, halloween decorating tips and free halloween arts and crafts for kids.
There are no records