Water Bottle and Paper Bangles
Rock an earth-friendly, fashionable look with Water Bottle and Paper Bangles from Heidi Borchers. For this recycled craft project, you'll need metallic foil tape, scrapbook paper and empty plastic bottles. Customize each piece to create the perfect look.
- Plastic water bottles with smooth sides with sticker/labels removed (I used Smart Water, also larger sizes of Aquafina have smooth sides)
- Sticker removal product (like UnDo or GooGone)
- Paper- scrapbooking, collage, or any decorative paper
- Copper foiling tape - 1/4” wide-self adhesive - silver or any color
- Masking tape - whatever width you want bracelet to be
- Remove the labels or the stickiness with a sticker removal product.
- To measure and cut the plastic water bottles, place the masking tape evenly around the bottle.
- Each ring of masking tape is a bracelet.
- Cut the bracelets apart using a craft knife.
- Trim the edges of the plastic to the edge of the tape with scissors.
- For each paper bracelet you will need 2 rings of the plastic water bottle, cut to the same width.
- Cut one of the rings open.
- Cut a strip of paper the same width and slightly longer than the plastic water bottle rings.
- Sandwich the paper in between the two plastic water bottle rings. (Lightly glue ends of paper together if helpful.)
- Measure and cut two pieces of the foil tape to go around the bracelet plus 1/4”. Remove a small length of paper backing at a time.
- Line up the foil tape centered on one outer edge of the plastic bracelet.
- Press to secure the tape all the way around the plastic bracelet.
- Carefully push the other edge of the tape over the bracelet edge to the back or inside of the bracelet.
- Push with your fingers to smooth the tape on the inside of the bracelet the best you can.
- Then use a pencil to press over the edges of the foil tape.
- Repeat with the other side, centering the tape on the edge of the plastic bracelet. Push the tape to the inside of the bracelet.
- Here's the finished bracelet. Visually, it's more important for the outer edge of the tape to be smooth, but the inside should be as smooth as possible for comfort.
For a video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Water Bottle Paper Bracelet.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Green Crafting"
Find hundreds of eco-friendly recycled craft projects and step-by-step tutorials. Browse inspirational ideas for recycled crafts all year long! You'll find projects made from recycled jeans, tin cans, CDs, wine bottles, mason jars, and more. We also have recycled Christmas crafts, Easter crafts, and thrifty projects for any occasion.
Love these projects? Subscribe to our newsletter Trash to Treasure.