Upcycled Newspaper Earrings
Upcycle a brown paper bag and your daily newspaper to create your own Upcycled Newspaper Earrings from Tiffany Windsor. Upcycled ideas like this help you recycle commonly used materials and save on supplies. Plus, these earrings are adorable!
- Aleene’s Tacky Double Stick Sheets
- Aleene’s Paper Glaze
- Brown grocery bag
- Newspaper ads (colors and designs of your choice)
- Rubber stamp and black ink
- Acrylic paint and brush
- Small hole punch
- Jump rings and fish hook earring findings
- Cut brown bags to roughly the size of your earrings shape. Cut the Aleene’s Tacky Double Stick Sheets to size and glue 5 – 6 layers of brown bag together.
- Apply Tacky Sheet to top of layered brown bags and press newspaper on top. Cut to desired finished size. If desired, stamp image over newspaper.
- Punch hole at top of shape.
- The bottom layer is created by gluing 5 – 6 layers of brown bag together. Next paint both sides with acrylic paint. Let dry completely and stamp with design. The top layer is created with a circle punch, painted and stamped.
- If desired, apply Aleene’s Paper Glaze to add a shine to the surface of any of the layers. Assemble all layers with jump ring and hang on earring hook.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make Stamped Newspaper Earrings.