Upcycled Backpack Rain Covers from Umbrellas
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Are you sick of your kids’ (or your own) backpacks getting soaked every time it rains? Repurpose a broken umbrella into a clever backpack rain cover, and you'll never have a drenched backpack again! It only takes about 15 minutes to sew with minimal sewing skills. You can fold it up into a lightweight and compact package so that you can carry it with you in your bag! This project is perfect for kids who are going to school and also for adults who commute. Make one for each member of your family and for all of your friends!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Fabric from one umbrella
- 40" of 1/8" wide elastic
- Jar cap
- Fine permanent marker or pen
- Fabric shears
- Pinking shears
- Size 70/10 universal sewing needle
- Tape measure
- Safety pin
- Matching polyester thread
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you need more storage space but don't have extra room or money to do it, try repurposing an old piece of furniture from your… Continue reading: "Elegant Refurbished Entryway Cabinet"
- Map Paper Moths
- Tuna Can Swing-out
- Beautiful Birdcage T-Shirt Craft
- Mason Jar Lid Suncatcher
- Decorative Faux Raw Cotton Branches
- Repurposed Aquafina Bottle Bird Feeder
- Magical DIY Fairy Jar Night Light
- Recycled Egg Carton Bowls
- "Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts" Free eBook
- Radiant Black Butterfly Hubcap Art
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Father’s Day Gift – I’m Nuts About You
- Monkey Colouring Pages
- Free Potato Crochet Pattern
- Chonky Mushroom
- Free Printable Paper Doll PDF
- Simple Sew Pocket Pillow
- Knit Linen Stitch Blanket
- How To Make Elastic Hair Ties (no Sew)
- Dc Comics Mother's Day Cards
- Richmond Shawl
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home