Reusable Crochet Scrubbies
If you're looking for ways to be a little kinder to the environment, then check out these Reusable Crochet Scrubbies. Instead of using face wash wipes, use some crocheted scrubbies. These little face wash pads can be used over and over again - simply toss them in the washer and dryer once they get dirty. They're a great way to be a little more environmentally friendly. Plus, they're definitely more budget-friendly!
Want to read more about reusable cotton rounds? Check out 13 Top Reusable Cotton Rounds and DIY Makeup Removing Pads.
- A cotton yarn. I used Bernat Handicraft Cotton.
- Crochet Hook – US H8/5 mm.
- Yarn or tapestry needle
Ch = chain, sl st = slip stitch, sc = single crochet, dc = double crochet (U.S.)
- Ch 5 and then join together into a ring with a sl st. Or use the magic ring method if you prefer.
- Make 8 sc into the ring. Join with sl st.
- Round 1: Ch 1 and then 2 sc into the same stitch. Now do 2 sc in each stitch around and then sl st to join.
- Round 2: Ch 1 and then 1 sc in same st. [2 sc in the next stitch then 1 sc in the next], repeat in each remaining stitches around.
- Round 3: Ch 1 and then 1 sc in same st. [2 sc in the next stitch then 1 sc in the next TWO stitches], repeat this in each remaining stitches around.
- Fasten off and weave the ends into the scrubbie using your yarn/tapestry needle
Would you use these scrubbies for your face, or for another purpose like scrubbing dishes? Tell us in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Green Crafting"
Find hundreds of eco-friendly recycled craft projects and step-by-step tutorials. Browse inspirational ideas for recycled crafts all year long! You'll find projects made from recycled jeans, tin cans, CDs, wine bottles, mason jars, and more. We also have recycled Christmas crafts, Easter crafts, and thrifty projects for any occasion.
Love these projects? Subscribe to our newsletter Trash to Treasure.