We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Make this graduation mason jar gift for anyone that is graduating! This fun owl mason jar is easy to make and a great gift idea. Fill the jar with the gift of your choice. You will have an adorable graduation mason jar gift in no time at all. This fun idea is perfect for all ages from elementary to college graduations. Make one for everyone that is graduating in your life."
Let your graduate you know what a wise owl they have become over their last four years of schooling with this charming Mason jar craft idea. This gift in a jar idea shows you how to transform a mini Mason jar into one hoot of a craft! The Graduation Mason Jar Gift is adorable all on its own, but owl bet you can think of something extra cute to store inside it. Whether you want to give a dorm-goer their first roll of laundry quarters or fill it up with some spending money, this DIY gift for grads will is sure to impress.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Pint size mason jar with lid (I love to use these smooth sided ones for crafts like this)
- White spray paint
- Black spray paint
- Graduation hat box
- OL2088 labels
- Printable label file
- Grey, tan, and orange felt
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Bottle caps
- Google eyes
Spray paint the jar white and the lid black. Set aside to dry completely. Carefully take the hat apart.
Use hot glue on the inside to secure the tassel into place.
Once the lid is dry, use hot glue to place it onto the hat.
Print the owl pattern page and cut the pieces from felt. Start adding the pieces to the mason jar with hot glue. The body pieces should meet in the front of the jar as shown below. They may overlap slightly in the back depending on the jar that you use.
Add the beak with hot glue.
Secure the google eyes to the bottle caps with hot glue then add them to your mason jar.
You will then need to make your graduation sign for the owl. Download the printable label file and print it onto your labels. Use two labels back to back on the end of a short dowel rod.
Then hot glue the wings into place with the graduation sign under one of the wings.
Fill the jar with your gift, screw on the lid, and this graduation mason jar gift is ready to give to the graduate.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cards To Support Our Troops – Free Printable
- Valentine Wine Cozy
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- Strawberry Seed Baby Booties
- Braided Bridge Cable Scarf
- Winter Jewels Emerald Cube Granny Square
- In The Clouds Scarf
- Herringbone Chevron Beanie
- Arctic Ice Snood
- Create A Heart Template
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home