Recycled CD Letter Holder for Mom
Help Mom stay organized with a personalized recycled mail station - showcase her favorite flowers and reuse an old CD. This project makes for a great mother's day gift or birthday present for a mom or another busy lady in your life.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Heart, 6" x 1"
- Three or four recycled compact discs
- Floral fabric "fat quarter" (from quilting department)
- Coordinating silk flowers, two small bunches
- Serrated knife
- Paraffin or candle stub
- Wide flat paintbrush
- Paper towels
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- White, thick craft glue
- Cut three or four 5 1/2" squares from fabric. For each CD, spread thin layer of white glue over label side and smooth a fabric square over glue; let dry and trim excess.
- Cut two 1 1/2" x 12" strips from fabric. Glue fabric strips around edge of foam heart, overlapping as needed. Clip corners and fold excess fabric to bottom; glue to secure. Note: If desired, trace heart onto wrong side of fabric and cut out; glue to bottom of heart.
- To make inserting discs easier, first cut 3/8"-deep, equally-spaced parallel grooves into top of foam heart. Cut straight down, not at an angle. Apply thin line of white glue along each CD slit and press discs 1/2" to 3/4" deep into slit.
- Glue silk flower bunch to each side of discs as shown.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Gifts"
Ideas and step-by-step tutorials on how to make homemade craft gifts, children christmas craft ornament gifts, craft gift ideas and unique craft gifts
There are no records