No sew fabric projects are a quick way to create fun decor projects and pretty gifts! Lavender Sachets from Tiffany Windsor not only look great but smell absolutely amazing, too! Use Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Tape for this easy craft.
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Tape
- Fabric (I used cotton quilting fabric)
- Mat board or other cardboard for template
- Non-stick scissors
- Pinking shears
- Word rubber stamp(s) and fabric ink
- Lavender buds
- Determine desired size of lavender pockets and create template. I cut my templates from mat board. Remember that your finished sachets will be approximately 1/2″ – 5/8″ larger than template.
- On wrong side of fabric, trace around template with pencil.
- Place Aleene’s Peel and Stick Tape, adhesive side down, along outside of pattern line. Do not overlap tape in corners but do butt corners closely.
- Press tape firmly to fabric.
- Cut fabric along outside of tape.
- Remove paper backing from 3 sides.
- Place adhesive side down on wrong side of another piece of fabric. Press adhesive firmly in place.
- Use pinking shears to cut along the three glued edges. Press again to be certain that glue is firmly adhered on all three sides.
- Apply ink to stamp.
- Center design on stamp work onto sachet. (On my design, you will notice that my “o” is missing. I simply filled in with a stamped heart to serve as the letter “o”.)
- Gently open the unglued end and fill sachet with lavender. Do not overfill.
- Remove release paper and press together to seal remaining edge.
- Cut remaining edge with pinking shears.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make No Sew Lavender Sachets.