Beaded Book Thong
Use leftover charms and beads to create a beautiful beaded bookmark from The Bead Studio, perfect for the graduate headed to college or your bookworm friend. These can also be hung from the rear-view window. This homemade gift is so quick and easy!
- 2 feet of Waxed Linen Cord
- 1 Charm
- Assorted Beads – about a dozen with holes that just fit over the linen
- Clear Nail Polish
- Tie the charm onto one end of the cord, trim and set knot with clear nail polish.
- Slide a grouping of beads onto the cord and tie a knot after the last bead. (Use an awl to get the knot close to beads if needed).
- Determine the length of cord needed for the type of book (less for paperback more for hardcover) and tie a knot were the beads will start.
- Add beads to the tail of the cord and tie a knot after the last bead.
- Trim the excess cord and set knot with clear nail polish.
Read NextBlessing Bags DIY
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sep 09, 2017
Ok, I admit the only reason I checked this out was I found the name intriguing. But, after looking at it and seeing how cute yet easy it was to make, I am hooked. What a simple yet good idea! I have a lot of relatives out of town who are big time readers. A lot are older and don't do it digitally. So they need book marks. These will be easy to mail too!
May 06, 2017
My aunt reads a lot so as soon as I saw this Beaded Book Thong, I knew I wanted to make several for her for Mother's Day.
Feb 26, 2017
Now this is truly a cute, easy, inexpensive project that I will be doing. I admit I only looked because of the word thong, but I sure am glad that I did. Lol this is wonderfully creative and so easy. I make jewelry and always have some beads left over. And I make polymer clay beads and creatures so I can put one on there too. Thank you so very much for sharing.
Oct 15, 2011
its very nice
Mar 20, 2011
this is verry cute i am going to try to make one i think and maby use it in some of my birthday or christmas gift..... !! i think this is always sooo cute when i see one i have saw many people with hem !!!!!! =)
Mar 06, 2011
Excellent for last minute gifts!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use