Recycled Soap Box Christmas Gift
If you're looking for ridiculously easy creative DIY Christmas gifts, start with this Recycled Soap Box Christmas Gift. This project shows that sometimes you actually should judge a gift by its wrapping. Presentation is everything during the holiday season, so be sure to place your gift inside this box. Even if you're all out of homemade gift ideas, you can always make an amazing gift box and give it away. Fill it with trinkets, toys or candy for a quick and easy gift that will make a major impression.
- Used luxury soap box with a removable drawer
- White acrylic paint
- Bronze ink glimmer mist
- Three red polymer clay roses
- Six bronze resin leaves
- Red shimmer poly ribbon
- 20” red-and-white bakers string
- Quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Sponge (use one that was inside a medicine bottle)
- Standard scissors
- Carefully remove any soap stickers or sellotape that might be glued to the box.
- Remove the drawer from the box you will finish painting the box before replacing the drawer.
- Give the casing of the box a wash with the white paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the sponge to give the casing an uneven wash with the bronze ink and allow to dry thoroughly before putting the drawer back again.
- Glue a strip of ribbon all around the casing and cut off any remaining ribbon.
- Glue the leaves and roses to the box.
- Make two bows with the bakers string and glue them to the arrangement.
Make a gift for everyone on your list! To get started, download our free eBook, Homemade Christmas Gift Guide. In this handy PDF collection, you'll find DIY Christmas gifts for kids, parents, friends and everyone in between. These Christmas craft ideas are creative, fun and perfect for the holiday season.