Down to Earth Gift Bag
Visit Marjolaine at Twelve Stones Scrapbooking.
Go green with your gift giving when you make this Down to Earth Gift Bag. If you're looking for DIY gift bag ideas, look no further than this great project. Using a burlap back, you'll recycle fabric scraps into eco-friendly flowers that are super easy to make. Add a handmade gift tag and a ribbon closure, and you have a package that's sure to please. It also makes a cute lunch bag. Try this reusable, recyclable bag the next time you have to bring a gift to a party. It's sure to be a hit.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Plaid Podgeable Shapes
- Plaid Podgeable Papers
- Plaid Dimensional Magic
- DCWV burlap paper
- DCWV canvas mat stack
- Sizzix burlap bag
- Sizzix flower die
- Fabric markers
- Liquid Fusion adhesive
- Embossing folders
- Hemp cord
- Mod Podge
- Use a multiple layer flower die to cut out flowers from the burlap, canvas, and Podgeable papers. Mix and match burlap and canvas die cuts to create flowers.
- Use fabric markers to outline all flower pieces.
- Assemble flowers using Liquid Fusion adhesive.
- Trace Podgeable shapes onto Podgeable papers. Cut shapes out of paper and adhere them to Podgeable Shapes.
- Insert tags in embossing folder and pass through embossing machine.
- Lightly brush paint over the embossed parts of your tags.
- Use hemp cord to attach tags and shapes to the top of the burlap bag.
- Adhere the burlap and canvas flowers as well as the paper flowers to bag.
- Cut out the words "For You" from the letter sheet in the Podgeable Papers Pad.
- Adhere words to paper flower.
- Cover letters with a thin layer of Dimensional Magic and allow to dry completely.
Find the needed materials at CutRateCrafts.com! You can choose from a variety of your favorite brands and products. Plus, they offer all materials at an awesome discounted price. For this project, we recommend these discounted items: Mod Podge 3D Shapes, Mod Podgeable Papers, Plaid Dimensional Magic, DCWV Burlap Paper, Liquid Fusion adhesive, and Tulip Fabric Markers- Rainbow.
Read NextBunny Gift Bag Sewing Tutorial
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use