Terrarium in a Mason Jar Gift Idea
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: “A terrarium in a mason jar makes a great gift idea. Plus, this one is super easy to pull together. Follow the instructions to make a simple gift for any plant lover on your list. Add this quick and easy DIY project to your must-make list. You will want to get enough supplies to make a few. Trust me. Once you make these, you will want to keep one for yourself. Enjoy this terrarium in a mason jar idea and making these as gifts for all of your friends and family."
- Artificial Succulents (these work great for this project!)
- Wide Mouth Quart Jar (important to use a wide mouth jar in this case)
- Sand (in the color of your choice)
- Crushed Shells (in the color of your choice)
- River Rocks
To make your own terrarium in a mason jar, layer sand and crushed shells in the bottom of a clean jar. The sand and shells actually come in a ton of colors.Layer on rocks and moss next. Note that we are using artificial succulents so that this gift is perfect for even those with a black thumb. However these layers will make the terrarium look real as an authentic one would need drainage.
Now it is time to add your succulents to the jar. Use the scissors to trim the succulents to length before adding to the jar. Arrange however you wish! Play with the succulents that you choose for the jar until you get a look that you love. The succulents are just pushed down into the moss and rocks. No glue is required for this gift in a jar.
Your terrarium in a jar is complete and ready for display in your home or to be given as a gift.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"Make a fashion statement with this modern T-shirt yarn necklace. This accessory will look well with a simple shirt, or wear it when… Continue reading: "Royal Purple T-Shirt Yarn Necklace"
- Fancy Tin Can Flower Pots
- Fruit Inspired Mason Jars
- How to Paint Rocks
- Crystal Shower Watering Can
- Darling Clay Pot Turtles
- Wood Spoon Garden Markers
- Decorative Seed Starter Gifts with Laminated Plant Markers
- Easy Vertical Succulent Garden From A Wood Pallet
- 5-Minute Plant Markers
- Lilac Rose Petals Luminary
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cotton Boll Wreath Diy
- Giraffe Crochet Wall Art
- Crochet Graduation Garland
- Piggie Smalls
- Rainbow Wall Hanging
- Allemande Dishcloths - Tunisian Striped Mitered Dishcloths
- Beaver Potholder
- Sew A Super Easy T-shirt
- Diamond Stitch Cushion
- Allemande Coasters - Tunisian Striped Mitered Coasters
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home