Decoupage Flower Pots
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "Learn how to create gorgeous flower pots using pretty napkins and decoupage. These stacked flower pots look hand-painted and add a custom touch to your container garden. Get a full tutorial on how to get the best results with decoupage, including simple techniques to prevent sticking and to seal your final project properly. Plus, there's a step-by-step video that lets you follow along. You can transform the look and feel of your outdoor garden and patio with this simple DIY project."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Terracotta pot
- Clay pot sealer
- Chalk paint
- Decorative napkins
- Decoupage glue
- Paint brushes
Seal the terracotta pots inside before painting.
Paint a base coat on the exterior of the pot. Let dry completely.
Separate napkin plies to isolate the printed layer.
Apply decoupage glue in sections and place the printed layer of napkin down carefully until the pot is covered with the desired pattern. Let dry.
Apply top coat of decoupage glue. (See related blog post for specific formula needed for outdoor use.)
NotesLearn how to paint terracotta pots in a related post to create a complete stacked pot display.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone learns at a young age how to color inside the lines, but it's so much more fun to color outside of them, isn't it? Color the… Continue reading: "Color Outside the Lines Adult Coloring Page"
- Glow In The Dark Plastic Water Bottle Bowling
- Clay Pot Garden Angel
- DIY PVC birds
- Fairy Garden Terrarium in a Mason Jar
- Bug Off! Easy DIY Mosquito Repellent Citronella Luminaries
- Shower Caddy as a Vertical Wall Planter
- Wood Spoon Garden Markers
- 22 Quarantine Friendly Backyard Activities
- Mini Succulent Planters
- Lilac Rose Petals Luminary
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chinese Pixie Amigurumi Doll
- Woodland Leaf Fairy Amigurumi Doll
- Pressed Flower Candle Diy
- Dc Superhero Popsicle Stick Puppets
- Printable Grinch Word Search
- One Hour Crochet Bag
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Activities
- Homemade Photo Coasters
- Gift Card Holder (Free Printables!)
- Lace Back Tee
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home