Amore Oval and Rectangular Frames
Everybody has an artistic side, and finding and creating beautiful picture frame ideas is one way to show it. These Amore Oval and Rectangular Frames look as though they were taken off the walls of an old-fashioned mansion, but you'd be surprised to know they are actually made from plastic. Show your love for photography and all things vintage with the Amore Oval and Rectangular Frames. A portrait of your family or you and your loved one needs a beautiful home, and these frames will suit it nicely.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects free eBook from DecoArt!
Americana® Decor™ Accessories
- Waxing & Finishing Brush (ADB01)
Americana® Decor™ Chalky Finish Paint
- Lace (ADC02)
- Vintage (ADC17)
Americana® Decor™ Crème Waxes
- Clear (ADM01)
- Deep Brown (ADM07)
- Golden Brown (ADM02)
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Painter's tape
- 1" chip brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- Clean cloth
- Plastic frames (flea market finds)
Let dry between steps.
- For the oval frame, paint the entire frame with Lace using the 3/4" flat brush.
- Cover the entire frame with Clear Crème Wax brushed on with the 3/4" flat brush.
- Paint the entire frame with the Golden Brown Crème Wax in little sections. As you get about a 4" section waxed, take the cloth and wipe off the excess wax. Move on to the next section. If the brown wax dries and becomes hard to remove, put a little Clear Crème Wax on the clean cloth, and it will help to remove it.
- For the rectangular frame, wipe it clean with a damp paper towel.
- Use painter's tape to mark off the mirror so that paint will not get on it.
- Use a 1" chip brush to basecoat the frame with Vintage. Rinse brush.
- Use a waxing brush or 3/4" flat brush to apply Clear Crème Wax. Rinse brush.
- While still wet, apply Deep Brown Crème Wax over the Clear Crème Wax with the same brush.
- Use a clean white cloth to wipe back wax as desired. If it is too dark, just apply more Clear Crème Wax on top and wipe back again.
- (Optional) Once frame is dry, you can buff it using a clean white cloth to a satin finish.