Dimensional DIY Pineapple
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Pineapple prints & motifs are all over the place and so trendy right now. So I thought I will show how to make a 3D pineapple out of felt. As many of you might not have a sewing machine, I will also show a no sew version of making it. Without much ado, let's get to the making."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Yellow felt - 2 sheets
- Green Felt - 2 sheets
- Needle and thread
- Polyfill Stuffing
- Marble gems / beans/ rice /stones for weight (Optional)
- Sewing machine (Optional)
- Brown or black marker (optional)
- Hot glue gun
Trace the pattern on to the felt sheets.You will need 5 pieces to make one pineapple. I traced ten as I made two (one set for sewing version and another no sew version).
Take two pieces, right sides facing each other and sew one side as shown. In the same way, join the other three pieces together.
Now join the 3 piece part and 2 piece part together, sew completely on one side and while attaching the other side leave a small opening. Using that, turn the whole thing inside out.
Now stuff the base of the pineapple with stuffing. Decide which side you want to use it as base. fill it with little stuffing and then add some weight like marbles/stones/rice/beans to make to stand. Then fill the remaining with more stuffing. If you are using it as a pillow, you can avoid adding weights
Close the opening with a ladder stitch using needle and thread. Your pineapple base is done.
Now that the base is ready, let's move on to the making of pineapple crown. For this take a paper and draw a rough pattern. If you are confident, you can skip drawing the pattern and cut straightly through the felt. Pin the pattern with the felt and cut the piece for the crown. Don't throw away the cut pieces in between, you can use them it later steps.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"Meet UltraViolet! The purrfectly purple crochet kitty made from Yarnspirations Patons Alpaca Blend yarn! The color of the yarn is… Continue reading: "Purrfectly Purple Patons Crochet Kitty"
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home