Rib Rub Gift Jar
Need a quick gift for a grilling king? Create a Rib Rub Gift Jar from Candace Jedrowicz before your Father's Day cookout! This is a practical and fun gift that can be made with a recycled glass jar. Create your own rib rub and enjoy a tasty meal with friends and family.
- Aleene’s Collage Pauge – matte
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- 8 oz jar
- Decorative paper
- Brown permanent marker
- Small spoon or scoop
- Paper alphabet letters
- Button(s) for top
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Choose a jar that is smooth and rounded.
- Cut or tear paper for a label. Play with your letters until you like how they look. Glue them in place.
- Brush Collage Pauge over a large enough space on the jar to place your label. Coat the back of your label with Collage Pauge. Place the label on the jar.
- Coat the front of the label. Allow to dry.
- If you want to change the appearance of the lid you can color it with a marker, or whatever you like.
- Cover the top of the lid with your decorative paper. Glue on the button(s). Tie on your spoon with raffia.
For a comprehensive photo tutorial of this project, check out How to Make A Dad's Rib Rub Jar.
Read Next101+ Father's Day Crafts for Adults
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 12, 2017
This Father's Day gift is genius! It can be quite difficult to find just the right gift for the 'old man' but this idea is super! I love the large button at the top and the jar once empty can easily be refilled by making more of the easy recipe of the grilling rub, or repurposing the jar for cuff links, coins or nails. But Imhave to say, even this recipe looks good too! What a brilliant idea! Love it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use