Fishing Picture Frame
Make a picture frame for the fisherman in your life. STYROFOAM forms the base and miniature fishing decorations make this a perfect homemade Father's Day gift. Dad will be proud to display this handmade frame at home or in the office.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- 1 Make It: Fun® Sheet, 15/16″ x 11-15/16″ x 17-15/16"
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Design Master® ColorTex in Quarry
- The Paper Company™/TPC Studio™ scrapbook paper, white distressed, 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Resin fish, approx. 3 1/2″ long
- Resin fishing pole, approx. 4 1/4″ in long
- Choice of photo, 5″ x 7″
- Elmer’s® Craft Bond™ tacky glue
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Black permanent, fine-line marker
- Transparent tape
- Metal spoon
- Large paper clip
- Use Foam Cutter to horizontally cut STYROFOAM™ sheet in half, making two pieces (close to 9″ x 12″) for front and back.
- Cut scraps of newspaper 4″ x 6″ and 1/2″ x 4″ to use as patterns for photo and fish openings in frame. (Check to be sure fish will fit inside that shape and photo extends beyond it for taping.) Refer to photo and position patterns onto one STYROFOAM™ piece. Trace around patterns with marker.
- Use Foam Cutter to cut out openings in STYROFOAM™. Also trim corner edge off all around outside of frame and each frame opening. Use rounded bowl of spoon to round edges of frame front, including openings for fish and photo. Similarly round edges of back of the frame back
- In a well-ventilated area, protect work area with newspapers and follow manufacturer’s instructions to spray frame front and edges with Quarry texture paint. Let dry. Similarly, spray frame back and edges. Let dry. Apply as many coats as desired to create a concrete look, intentionally allowing there to be some holes and imperfections. Let completely dry.
- Use transparent tape to attach photo and scrapbook paper to back side of frame front. On front, use tacky glue to attach fish to paper in opening. Glue fishing pole to bottom left. Use glue gun to glue back to front. Let all glue dry.
- For hanger, slightly bend open a paper clip. On back of frame, 3″ from top and centered, insert small end of paper clip into back side of frame, angling up so that large end becomes a loop. Use glue gun if needed to hold.
Read Next16 Necktie Crafts Ideas
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.