Christmas Pine Cone Basket
Your Christmas dinner won't be complete without a festive pine cone centerpiece. Make this Christmas pine cone basket, one of our great pine cone craft ideas, and then you can have a merry Christmas.
- 1 Large Handle Basket
- 1 Can Green Spray Paint
- 1 Can Spray Varnish or Lacquer
- 1 Bag of Spanish Moss
- 4 pk OASIS RAINBOW FOAM BRICK TURQUOISE - Enough Floral Foam Bricks To Line The Bottom Of The Basket
- 1 1/2" to 2" Wide Green Wired Ribbon
- Package of Green Preserved Boxwood
- Batch of Green Preserved Evergreen Sprigs or Other Green Silk Floral
- 1/2" to 1" Plaid Cloth Covered Box Decorations
- Red Berry Spray With Multiple Berries or Red Berry Picks
- 1/2" to 1" Shiny Red Apple Decorations
- Dried or Preserved Pine Cones of Various Shapes and Sizes
- Dual Temperature Glue Gun
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Wire Cutters
- Spray paint the inside and outside of the basket with the green paint. Let dry completely.
- Place the Spanish moss along the inside of the basket so as to cover any openings in the sides of the basket.
- Pack the bottom of the basket tightly with the floral brick foam to within 4 inches of the top rim of the basket.
- Glue the first layer of pine cones to the floral brick foam using the low temperature setting of the dual temperature glue gun.
- Arrange the pine cones of various shapes and sizes that you are going to see until they fill the basket and the arrangement is pleasing to the eye. Then glue them in place using the low temperature setting of the dual temperature glue gun.
- Glue the smaller pine cones in between the larger pine cones until all the gaps are filled.
- Spray the basket and pine cones with varnish or lacquer. Let dry completely.
- Glue the preserved box wood amongst the pine cones until the arrangement is pleasing to the eye.
- Glue the preserved evergreen sprigs or other green silk floral amongst the pine cones until the arrangement is pleasing to the eye.
- Glue the 1/2" to 1" plaid cloth covered box decorations amongst the pine cones until their placement is pleasing to the eye.
- Glue the 1/2" to 1" Shiny Red Apple Decorations amongst the pine cones until their placement is pleasing to the eye.
- Cut the red berries so they are individual and then glue the red berries amongst the pine cones until their placement is pleasing to the eye.
- Tie the 1 1/2" to 2" wide green wired ribbon into a large decorative bow with many, many loops so it is very full and then fasten the bow to the middle of the handle of the basket with the wire.
- Congratulations - You're Done!
Read NextFestive Confetti DIY Wine Glasses