Fishy Fun Hand Prints
Turn your child's hand print into a work of art with this creative hand print craft from I Love to Create. Your child will have loads of fun decorating their very own fishy fun dinner plate. With many different decorating options, no one will get bored with this craft.
- Duncan Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
- CN 062 Bright Salsa
- CN 074 Really Red
- CN 112 Bright Delft
- CN 142 Bright Aqua
- CN 181 Light Kiwi
- CN 182 Bright Kiwi
- CN 221 Light Blush
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs:
- 21426 Coupe Dinner Plate 11" x 11" x 1.5"
- Signature Brushes:
- SB 802 No. 1 Liner
- SB 810 No. 10 Shader
- E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes:
- EZ 012 Cobalt Jet Black
- Clear Glazes:
- IN 1001 Envision Clear Glaze
- Disposable container that’s not too deep, you’ll want the bubbles to rise above the container slight
- Liquid dish soap
- Foam brush Plastic drinking straws
- Wipe bisque plate with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- For bubble technique, work with one color at a time – you’ll be using Bright Delft, Light Kiwi and Bright Aqua. Pour one color in plastic container. Add water to thin color to a milk-like consistency.
- Add 1 drop of liquid dish soap. Mix together.
- Use a drinking straw to blow air into paint/soap mixture to create bubbles.
- Lower plate onto bubbles. Bubbles will pop right on ware, creating delicate bubble-shaped circles of color.
- Repeat as many times for desired coverage. Rinse container and repeat these steps with remaining two Concepts colors.
- Using foam brush, apply Bright Salsa, Bright Aqua and Light Kiwi to child’s hand in equal sections to define head, body and fin areas.
- Carefully place child’s hand on plate and firmly press down on each area including fingers. Lift hand straight up to avoid smudges.
- Sponge Light Blush on bottom area of plate for a “sand” effect.
- Paint seaweed with 2 coats of Light Kiwi, shading as desired with Bright Kiwi. Let dry between each coat.
- Using Liner brush, paint fish lips with Really Red.
- For fish bubbles, dip half of Flat brush in Bright Aqua. Place brush near fish and pivot brush to form circles, using less pressure as you pivot for smaller bubbles.
- Using Liner brush and Cobalt Jet Black, outline and detail areas. Let dry.
- Dip or brush on Clear Glaze.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
Read NextColorful Yarn Sticks