Best Friends Wreath
This easy paper project is a great activity for best friends. The best friends wreath project is perfect for a Hodge Podge Crafts event. If you are a Mom or Dad planning a party, or a school or local park district looking for ideas with some left over crafts, the best friends wreath craft project is perfect.
- Aleene's® Instant Decoupage Sealer & Finish
- Aleene's® Easy Flow Tacky Glue™
- Mounting squares, foam adhesive
- Plastic wrap
- Scrap white paper
- Ribbon, 1” grosgrain coordinating color, 1 yard
- Gift wrap
- Brush, 1” flat
- Hole punches in same sizes as tags, if possible
- Bamboo skewer or chopstick
- Cardstock, coordinating colors with giftwrap
- Metal rim tags: 3 sizes, round and 2 sizes, decorative or flower shapes
- Chipboard or cardboard
Draw a 9” circle on chipboard or cardboard. Draw 6” circle centered on inside of 9” circle. This will make a ring about 1-½” wide. Hint: Use two bowls, that are close to these measurements as a template. Cut out ring.
From one color of cardstock, tear strips approximately 2” wide. Brush Instant Decoupage on front of ring. Brush on back of each small piece of cardstock as it is wrapped around ring. Brush decoupage over top as you proceed. Cut an additional piece of cardstock slightly smaller than ring and decoupage to finish off back. Let dry.
Lay a piece of scrap paper on top of tags. Draw around inside edge of metal to create a pattern of different shapes and sizes of tags, using pencil. Use this pattern to cut pieces of gift wrap and cardstock. Hint: To save time, use a circle punch where possible to create paper circles.
Decoupage papers onto one side of key tags. Brush decoupage over papers. Let dry.
- Cut photos in a circle. Decoupage to a slightly larger circle of cardstock. Decoupage to largest flower tags.