Bright Paper and Ribbon Eggs
Combine your favorite scrapbook papers and ribbons to create these colorful eggs. A base of STYROFOAM™ brand foam ensures that these eggs are "keepers".
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- 5" Eggs
- Scrapbook paper, assorted bright colors, one 12" x 12" sheet per egg
- Bright ribbon, 3/8" x 54" per egg
- Wood pick, skewer or chopstick
- Paint brush, small
- Straight pins
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1" flower paper punch (optional)
- Clear sealer (optional)
- Using pattern provided, cut out eight pieces of paper per egg, as follows: cut two each from two papers, and four from a third paper.
- Insert wood pick or skewer into bottom of egg to use as a handle. Spread glue onto the back of paper pieces, especially the edges. Position one paper piece onto the top center of the egg. Carefully smooth the paper down the length of the egg toward the center bottom. If necessary, cut horizontal snips into the sides of the paper for a smooth fit. If needed, add more glue with small paintbrush.
- Continue gluing on the remaining sections of paper in the same manner, alternating papers as you go. There will be a gap between papers, which will be covered later with ribbon. Place the skewer into a jar to dry.
- Brush on a coat of clear sealer, if desired.
- Glue 13 ½" strips of ribbon lengthwise around the egg, covering the lines where the paper sections meet. Use pins to hold the ribbon until glue dries. Remove skewer.
- Punch out a 1" flower shape and glue to end of egg, covering where the ribbons meet and the skewer was removed. Brush on Mod Podge. (If flower punch is not available, make your own flower or other motif, such as a butterfly.)
For pattern, click here. (pdf)
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Easter"
easter crafts and DIY easter ideas