Yummy Edible Bird's Nest
The Yummy Edible Bird's Nests by Amanda Formaro are great quick handmade gifts for spring or Easter. They're a hit with kids too! So get your little ones involved with these edible food crafts that everyone can enjoy.
- Chow mien noodles
- Chocolate chips or brick chocolate
- Jelly beans
- Candy coated chocolate eggs
- Marshmallow chicks
- Peanut butter
- Wax paper
- Paper plates (colored plates optional)
- Place squares of wax paper onto to individual plates.
- Put chow mien noodles in a large bowl.
- If using brick chocolate, break into pieces. Melt chocolate chips or pieces in the microwave, or over low heat on stove, just until melted. Pour melted chocolate over chow mien noodles, mix together to coat.
- Place mounds of chocolate/chow mien mixture onto several plates (on top of waxed paper). Have children form the mixtures into nests. Be sure the chocolate has cooled, but don't wait too long or it will harden!
- Using peanut butter as an adhesive, "glue" down the jelly beans and candy coated chocolate eggs inside the nest cavity.
- "Glue" marshmallow chick on the edge of or inside of the nest.
Read NextSalt Painting Cross Craft