Recycled DIY Easter Baskets
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Help your kids put together some last-minute Easter baskets by recycling items you have in your kitchen cupboards or refrigerator. With an empty cereal box or milk carton, your child or grandchild will have something to use to gather Easter eggs or candy! These Recycled DIY Easter Baskets only take a few minutes to assemble and decorate. Your youngsters can use paint, stickers, or whatever else they want to decorate these cute kids' crafts for Easter. You could even make one for yourself and join in on the fun!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
MaterialsPaint, Recycled Materials
Project TypeMake a Project
- Cereal Box
- Spray paint or acrylic paint or Scrapbook paper to decorate
- Painter's tape
- Binder clips
- Washi tape & stickers to decorate
- Milk Jug
- Xacto knife
Use your marker to mark the height of the basket. I measured 6" from the bottom of the cereal box for basket and for the handle I measured 1.5" on the sides.
Cut on the marked area using scissors .I did not cut the top flaps(The folded part on the top) of the cereal box instead I used them to overlap the handle but it is up to you depending on the length of the handle you prefer.
Overlap the top part to form the handle. Use glue to secure them together. I used tacky glue and some binder clips.
Stuff the inside with some newspaper and cover the edges with painter's tape to avoid paint.I used teal color spray paint to paint the cereal box.
Decorate the basket with tape and stickers. I used washi tape and stickers to decorate and used black sharpie marker to write the name in the center. And Voila!! Your basket is now ready!!Stuff them with goodies to give it to your kids for Easter.
For Milk Jug : Use marker to mark the area below the handle of the milk jug to cut for basket base.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This free crochet pattern is suitable and intermediate crocheters who know the basics. The total yardage for a large blanket (1 x 1.80… Continue reading: "Colourful Granny Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Flower Pot Make Over
- Custom Ties
- Easy Avocado Sail Boat
- Summer Sweet Watermelon
- Homemade Eye Firming Cream
- Tshirt Yarn Crochet Trivet Potholder
- Window Pane Crochet Stitch Pattern
- Variable Star Quilt Block
- Life Is Sweet Watermelon
- Easy Handmade Fabric Border
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home