Dog Bottle Bank Water Bottle Craft
For this Dog Bottle Bank Water Bottle Craft, recycle a plastic into an adorable puppy and have it watch over your money. Recycled crafts for kids can help teach kids about the importance of helping the planet through reducing and reusing. If you want to stay hydrated but feel guilty drinking out of a plastic bottle, this is the perfect project for you. Recycled craft ideas don't have to look hokey or trashy, either. This fun craft for kids looks great on a dresser or nightstand and will help kids learn the value of saving their precious change. The project is perfect for a rainy day or spring afternoon - turn off the TV and get creative today.
Gather up your kids and start working on these recycled craft ideas. The family-friendly projects feature in 53 Recycle Crafts for Kids will keep your kids busy and teach them the importance of earth-friendly crafting. Save your discards and use them to create all kinds of cool craft projects.
- Aleene's® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™
- 1/2" flat brush
- Acrylic paint, Burnt Umber
- Chalk pencil
- Clear plastic 1 liter bottle
- Styrofoam egg, 2-1/2”
- Brown felt (we used furry felt)
- Craft knife
- Pom poms: (2) 1” brown,(1) 1/2” black
- Cut a 1/4” x 1-1/2” slot at back edge of plastic bottle.
- For the head, paint Styrofoam egg with 1/2” flat brush with Burnt Umber. Let dry.
- Glue the heads to the top of the bottles. Let dry.
- Using chalk pencil, trace patterns onto brown felt. Cut out all pieces. Cut out dog bone. Glue felt pieces into place.
- Glue on eyes. Glue on brown pom poms and black pom pom for nose. Glue on ribbon collar and dog bone. Let dry.
If you're looking for a companion for your cute homemade doggie bank? There's a feline version available in our collection of 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts. You'll also find a ton of recycled craft ideas for you to try out at home.
Read Next54 Recycled Crafts for Kids
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 21, 2016
This site is awesome..I really recommend it... Doggy Cash Cracked Passwords - http//nats.doggycash.com/track/MTAuMi4yLjIuMC4wLjA == uMC4w
Jun 05, 2015
This is an adorable and eco-friendly craft for dog lovers!
Apr 24, 2011
This is great! And, if you wanted to, you could adapt it to fit any size bottle or jar; if you used wide-mouth jars, you could even reach in for your item stored inside--good for small stuff like screws, washers, or anything!!! For all of us doggy lovers, this is a wonderful idea!
Jan 08, 2010
Very cute bank. I am going to make one for myself, a dog lover.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use