Pink and Red Teacup Topiary
Create a beautiful spring topiary to dress up your table for an afternoon tea or brunch.
See this project and more in 27 Topiary Craft Projects.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Products:
- Balls, 2" and 2-1/2"
- Teacup, with or without saucer
- Silk flowers: assorted roses, gyp, and others to match teapot (model used approximately 2-1/2 dozen 1" roses)
- Silk flower stem, 7" length (model used lilac stem)
- Ribbon: 1/2" x 1 yd each of wine, pink and white
- Floral wire, 3", cloth-covered
- Spanish moss, handful
- Green moss
- Wire cutters
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Insert and glue one end of silk flower stem 2" deep in 2" ball; repeat for other end, inserting it 2" deep into 2-1/2" ball.
- Glue Spanish moss on 2" foam ball, lightly covering entire ball.
- Cut flowers from stems. Arrange and glue flowers over moss, covering ball.
- Make a six-loop bow from each length of ribbon; secure with wire. Wire each bow to the topiary stem, under center front of ball; glue in place.
- Place 2-1/2" ball in cup; if needed flatten sides to fit. Glue in place.
- Cover foam base with green moss.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jan 12, 2017
This is one of the prettiest center pieces I have seen! I love the use of color and texture, and I also love old teacup sets! With all the estate sales and resale shops, it would be easy to find so,e pretty sets, or even a good way to put some stray heirlooms to use, especially if cracked and no longer usable. I think the topiary look is quite elegant and would fit into many decorating styles. Thanks for sharing. This would be a nice group project!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use