Contempo Salt or Pepper Shaker
Spice up a simple salt shaker by wrapping it with Kreinik Facets—a bead-like yarn that gives a metallic, nubby texture that’s somewhere between retro-trendy and contemporary kitsch and just plain fun. We picked green, but choose from any Facet color to match your décor.
- Simple glass salt shaker (and/or pepper shaker)
- Red liner, double-sided heavy duty Treasure Tape™ 1”
- Kreinik Facets™, one skein, in a color to match your décor
- Make sure the glass is clean and dry.
- Attach tape to the sides of your shaker, either by cutting pieces to fit or wrapping from the roll of tape.
- Peel off the red liner to expose the sticky tape.
- At the bottom of the shaker, secure Facets by placing on the tape, pressing down, and holding the end as you get started.
- Wrap Facets around the shaker, placing strands close together, until your design is completed.
Note: We don’t recommend that you wash your new shaker in the dishwasher after it’s been decorated.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.