Dramatic, textural papers give foam candleholders the look of high-end decorator finishes. Black adds drama to any setting and conveys a modern slant daytime into evening.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Cubes, 5", four
- Black textured decorative paper, 12" x 12", five sheets
- Wooden skewers, four
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- Craft knife with sharp blade
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- White pillar candles, 3" x 6", two
- Use glue gun to secure two foam cubes together, one on top of the other. Apply glue to ends of two skewers and insert 2" apart through top of foam to bottom; trim excess. Repeat for second cube pair.
- Use scissors or paper trimmer to cut eight 5-1/8" x 10-1/8" pieces from decorative paper. In addition, cut four 5-1/8" squares.
- Spread thin, even coat of glue onto one side of first candleholder. Position paper piece over glue, flush with one side and top edge; smooth paper with fingers.
- Use craft knife to trim excess paper at side and bottom edges. Repeat to cover all sides of each candleholder, using paper squares for tops and bottoms.
- Use glue gun to secure candles to tops of holders.
Note: Candleholders are for decorative use only.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextPink and Red Teacup Topiary
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 10, 2017
Very simple yet dramatic. Very refined and sophisticated. I love black. You will never go wrong with black. Black is always elegant. Place it in your living room or even in the bathroom, your house will definitely look very modern. This project is easy to do. I can make this and give as a present to a friend. Very clever!
Jan 02, 2011
I cannot open the picture. Any suggestions?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use