DIY Chicken Wire Frame
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Organize jewelry, photos, notes and more with this DIY Chicken Wire Frame. Easy to make and fun to show off, this simple organizational project is a great way to store your favorite accessories and photos. The great thing about this frame is that it doubles as stylish bedroom decor, so it serves a duel purpose. Perfect for adults and teens, this decorative storage frame is sure to help keep your life organized and pretty.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- MD Hobby & Crafts Chicken Wire
- MD Hobby & Crafts Gold Foil
- MD Hobby & Crafts hobby shears
- MD Hobby & Crafts gloves
- Antique white paint
- Wood frame
- Spellbinders butterfly dies
- Clothes pin
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Dodz small
- Paint brush
- Finishing nails or staple gun
If you do not want to make your own frame, you can buy unfinished wood frames from your local big box craft store. I used Valspar Satin Antique White paint to paint my project. I suggest 2-3 coats.
Attach chicken wire to the back of the frame either using finishing nails or a staple gun.
Trim off excess wire, and hammer the edges into the frame (so it doesn't scrape your wall).
Using Antique White paint, paint the frame and chicken wire. Paint the clothespins as well.
paint the clothespins as well
While the paint is drying, die cut the gold foil using a butterfly die. If you want texture to the butterfly, run through a diecut machine using an embossing folder or texture plate.
Adhere the gold butterfly to the clothes pin, using a Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Dodz small.
Hang the frame.
Add jewelry, photos, and quotes to the frame.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Draft Your Own Pj Pants Pattern
- Bernie’s Mittens To Crochet
- Misty Sunrise Shawl
- Winding Cables Scarf
- Valentine's Day Coupon Book For Kids
- Sweet Treat Appliqués
- Painted Rock Cactus
- How To Make Lip Scrub
- Bernie Mittens
- Pebble Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home