Mixed Media Butterfly Tablescape
Turn your table into a dense, magical forest. Create a Mixed Media Butterfly Tablescape from Tiffany Windsor using moss, stamps and more. Paint also helps turn mini canvases into beautiful backdrops. Home decor crafts can really change the look of your space.
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Tulip Fabric Soft Paint – white plus colors of your choice
- Brush – 1/2″ shader
- Canvases (sizes of your choice)
- Pencil with eraser
- Wet wipe
- Sheet moss – green
- Optional: easel, favor box, rubber stamp, cosmetic sponge, rock
- To create the butterfly canvas, paint a mini canvas desired color. Let dry. Dip pencil eraser into white paint and dot around edge of canvas. Be sure to create a generous dot. After about 1 hour, use a wet wipe to remove any paint that has not dried. Because you applied a thick dot, the paint in the center should still be wet and will easily wipe away to reveal a circle within a circle design. Let dry.
- Tear off a piece of sheet moss to desired size and glue onto canvas.
- Glue butterfly onto sheet moss. Let dry.
- If desired, display on mini easel.
- For the favor box, keep box flat. I applied white acrylic paint to my rubber stamp with cosmetic sponge (in a dabbing motion) and stamped onto the box.
- This creates a beautiful white on white design. Glue sheet moss and butterfly to top lid of box. Let dry.
- Select a rock of desired size and color.
- Glue sheet moss and butterfly onto top of rock. Let dry. Any of these can be used as placecard holders or display together for a pretty tablescape.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Butterfly Garden Tablescape.
Read NextFlower Pot Gnome Tutorial
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.