Magnet Makeover Chalkboard Paint Ideas
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This simple tutorial shows you how to makeover your old fridge magnets with a little chalk paint and some creative patterns. Bonus you can change up the patterns depending on your mood!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Project TypeMake a Project
- Old fridge magnets
- Sand paper
- Primer spray paint
- Chalk Paint
- Paint Brush
How to Make Magnets
Sand Paper and Primer First things first, give the magnets a little sand to rough them up. Then spray them with the primer, go lightly with the spray. If you get too heavy handed with the spray the paint will run so best to spray really lightly and do a couple of coats.
Chalk paint: Once the primer paint has completely tried, it’s time to apply the chalk paint. Paint each of your magnets in nice long strokes, avoiding having too much paint on the brush. Apply two coats. Tip: I found using a wide paint brush gave the best finish. Once they are completely dry you can start decorating them with chalk!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath is a beautiful home decor item for the fall. It's easy to make and looks great hanging by a mantel… Continue reading: "Rustic Coffee Filter Wreathvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Patchwork Sampler Bag
- Fall Inspired Chunky Blanket
- Crochet Candy Corn Amigurumi
- Polar Bear Sweater
- Fall Tissue Paper Suncatchers Craft
- Easy Coffee Filter Turkeys Thanksgiving Craft
- Pumpkin Size Sorting Printable Activity For Kindergarten
- Lacy Zigzag Scarf
- Attractive Wall Hanging From Paper
- Frame From Newspaper
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home