Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Birdhouse Table & Chicken Wire Bird
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create a Birdhouse Table & Chicken Wire Bird and bring a taste of the country home. Home decoration ideas have never looked so good or been so creative. This rustic birdhouse table is made from repurposed wood and chalk paint, and features an aged brass roof. The tabletop is accented with stamped bird images and decorative ric-rac trim. A unique chicken wire bird accent piece is a finishing touch. If you're looking for DIY decorating ideas but don't want to spend a ton of money on new furniture, this is a great project to work on. Customize your piece and create a one-of-a-kind design. It's easier than you think!
- Plaid FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paint- Seaside Villa
- Plaid Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Satin Acryilc Paint - Sandcastle
- Plaid Outdoor Mod Podge
- EKSuccess Inkadinkado Stamp Set - Flower Icons
- Wrights 5/8” Black ric-rac from Simplicity
- MD Hobby & Craft Metal Working Gloves
- MD Hobby & Craft Brass Rolled Metal
- MD Hobby & Craft Chicken Wire
- MD Hobby & Craft Hobby Shears
- KellyCraft Get-it-Straight Laser Square & Multi-Mat
- Westcott Titanium Bonded Non-Stick Scissors
- Craft Attitude Printable Craft Film
- Staz-On ink pad - Jet Black
- Jax Pewter Black
- Repurposed wood 1/2” thick (I used old fence boards to create this birdhouse).
- Assorted carpentry tools - saw, staple gun, drill, safety glasses, large hammer, rag
- Beacon 527 Adhesive
- Permanent glue stick
I love birds and birdhouses, so this Birdhouse Table & Chicken Wire Bird were a natural choice. The table could be a functioning birdhouse, but it also works as a great side accent table for a plant, or on a porch next to a comfortable chair to hold a cool beverage, etc. The little chicken wire bird is a totally unique accent piece to set on the table, or in pot with a pretty plant indoors or outside on a porch. I built this birdhouse from scratch and have included measurements - but of course you could buy a large pre-made birdhouse, cut the top off flat and create something similar for an easier option!
Cut 4 pieces of repurposed wood (approximately 1/2 thick for all wood) 5 x 21. Nail together to create center of birdhouse. Cut 2 pieces of repurposed wood 7 x 10. Cut 2 pieces of wood 4 1/2 x 5. Cut 2 triangles 8 x 6 1/2 x 5. Assemble to create side portions of roof. Cut piece of wood 11 x 11.
Cut piece of brass metal 12 x 12 and 2 pieces 8 x 11. Place brass metal pieces on hard surface, hit with large hammer to distress. Apply Jax Pewter Black to all brass to add patina to age distressed metal.
Fold edges of each piece back 1/2 and use staple gun to mount to two slanted roof pieces. Mount 11 x 11 piece to top of birdhouse to create table top. Fold edges of 12 x 12 metal piece back 1/2 and use staple gun to mount to flat 11 x 11 table top (staples on folded edge).
Drill 3 evenly spaced 1 1/2 holes in center of birdhouse, and one in each slanted side roof piece. Drill 3/8 holes beneath each large hole.
Paint birdhouse with FolkArt Home Decor Chalk paint. Let dry. Paint 2 1/2 band of Sandcastle paint beneath each hole on center of birdhouse. Let dry.
Ink birds on a branch stamp with permanent black ink. Place Craft Attitude film onto Multi-Mat and use Get-it-Straight Laser Square to help align separate rows of stamped bird images as shown. Cut into strips. Use permanent glue stick to mount stamped Craft Attitude to Sandcastle sections.
Cut black ric-rac and mount to top and bottom of each painted strip. Cut twigs and use Beacon 527 to mount in 3/8 holes.
Seal by coating all non-metal surfaces with outdoor Mod Podge.
I first a chicken wire bird on Pinterest - and was inspired to try it myself with the chicken wire I received from MD Hobby & Craft - I found some photos online for reference and then free-form created the little bird.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This great kitchen canister set is just like Martha's! Keep all your food organized with this easy kitchen craft. These Martha… Continue reading: "Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters"
- 94 Gorgeous Pieces of Free Printable Wall Art
- Dollar Tree Pizza Pan Motivational Sign
- Upcycled Food Tray Chalkboard
- Altered Paper Tube Decor
- Reupholstered Chair Cushions
- Kate Spade Inspired Rose Bowl
- Bell Angel
- Burlap Table Runner with Pom Poms
- 31 Free Macrame Patterns and Knot Craft Projects
- Upcycled Junk Drawer Candlesticks
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrapbusting Mini - Improv Blocks
- Homemade Recycled Gift Tags
- Picot Flower Doily Coaster
- Susannah Beanie
- Friendship Mandala
- Grandma's Shoulder Wrap
- Alpine Stitch Infinity Scarf
- Alpine Stitch Hat
- Susannah's Scarf
- Alpine Stitch Coffee Cup Sleeve
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home