A Berry Apple Topiary
An appealing mix of apples and berries will make this topiary the apple of your eye. Display it alone, or pair it with the companion wreath.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 12" x 4" cone
- Vase insert or block to fit inside clay pot
- 5" clay pot
- Gold spray paint
- Reindeer moss: light and dark green, one bag each
- 2" red artificial apples, 26
- Red/orange/brown artificial berries, 10 bunches
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Floral shears or wire cutters
- Wooden floral picks (or toothpicks)
- White craft glue or low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Following manufacturer's instructions, spray paint clay pot gold, applying additional coats as necessary until opaque. Let dry.
- Insert foam vase insert or block to snugly fit clay pot. Wax serrated knife with a candle stub or paraffin; trim foam even with top of pot.
- Glue foam securely inside pot and then base of cone on top of cut piece, creating the topiary form. Allow to dry.
- Glue reindeer moss covering cone and around top edge of clay pot.
- Use floral shears or wire cutters to cut floral picks into 2" lengths.
- Apply glue to one end of a wooden pick and insert it into center bottom of an apple. Repeat for each apple.
- Apply glue to other end of pick and insert it into base of cone, touching top of clay pot. Repeat, gluing apples side by side in a row around base (see photo).
- Insert berry bunches into cone, forming a circle around top of apples (see photo).
- Continue alternating rows of apples and rows of berries around cone, ending with a single apple at top (see photo).
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.