Recycled Handbag Picnic Caddy
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Put an old, broken handbag to good use this summer by turning it into a picnic caddy. The Recycled Handbag Picnic Caddy combines pieces of a handbag, a wire rack, some tin cans, and more to create an organized place to store silverware, condiments, and other supplies for your next picnic. These recycled project ideas have many compartments on the outside and inside to keep you from losing things. Paint all of the elements of your DIY picnic caddy the same color to make it look like new!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
MaterialsPaint, Recycled Materials
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Old handbag
- pallet off cuts
- empty tins
- wire basket (optional)
- spray paint
- Wood glues and screws
Cut the pallet off cuts into two pieces measuring 16cm x 14cm and two pieces measuring 19cm x 14cm. The pieces were glued and screwed together to form a box. We also added two bits of wood to the bottom of the box so that the cutlery wouldn’t fall out and sprayed the box black.
We used galvanized fencing staples to attach the handbag handles and we drilled four small holes on the side of the box and hammered in the wire baskets, one on each side.
Put the tin cans inside to hold your cutlery and it's ready to be used.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Ladies and gentlemen, this is The Only Crocheted Granny Square You'll Ever Need. This easy beginner granny square crochet pattern is… Continue reading: "The Only Crocheted Granny Square You'll Ever Need"
- Free Bag Patterns: 40+ Sewing Patterns for Purses, Tote Bags, and More
- Watercolor Painted Tote Bag
- Kindness Changes Everything DIY Tote Bag
- DIY Fashion Tote with Ombre Tassels and Pom Poms
- Mermaid At Heart Tote Bag
- DIY Painted Tote Bag
- No-Sew Tee Tote
- Country Girl at Heart Tote
- Denim Pocket Purse
- Easy Placemat Purse
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Hook Organizer
- Easy Painted Flag Tee
- Crochet Chain Scarf, Necklace
- Spring Blossom Crochet Scarf
- Simple Flower Egg Cozy
- Most Beautiful Painted Bible Cover
- Every Good and Perfect Gift Is From Above Wall Art
- For This Child We Prayed Nursery Sign
- Delight Yourself in the Lord Wall Art
- Courtney Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home