Indian Clutch Purse
Liven up your wardrobe with this new clutch purse
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designers Words: "This Parade Elephant block printing stamp immediately bought to mind the rich, vibrant jewel tones of the textiles of India. Combined with metallic fabrics from Fairfield™, and the richly toned Deco Foil™, it was easy to create this unique clutch purse to add a “Touch of India” to my summer wardrobe."
This Indian inspired clutch purse will have you dreaming of travel. The red fabric and elephant stamp will make your outfit pop; it won’t just be a purse but a statement piece. You will want to show it off where ever you go, take it out for a fun evening or day trip this purse is practical and beautiful. Try this easy project to liven up your wardrobe!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFabric Crafts
Project TypeMake a Project
- Fairfield™ Cushioned Aluminor™- Gold www.fairfieldworld.com
- Fairfield™ Metallic Oly•Fun™ - Red, Gold
- Fairfield™ Oly•Fun™ - Sea Green
- iCraft® Deco Foil™ - Aqua www.thermoweb.com
- iCraft® SuperTape™ - 1/4”
- Fabric Fuse™ Adhesive www.thermoweb.com
- Plaid® Fabric Creations™ Block Printing Stamps - Medium - Parade Elephant (www.plaidonline.com)
- Plaid® FolkArt ® Multi-Surface Paints - Metallic Gold
Cut gold Aluminor™ to 9 x 12”.
Cut Sea Green Oly•Fun to 9 x 12”. Apply Fabric Fuse™ around edges and mount to back of gold.
Fold bottom edge up 4”. Use Fabric Fuse™ to glue sides together.
Cut strips of red metallic Oly•Fun™ 9” x 1” Fold in half. Mount to top edge to cover raw edge. Mount strips to sides.
Apply gold FolkArt® paint to Parade Elephant block printing stamp. Stamp onto red metallic Oly•Fun™. Let dry. Fold top and bottom edges down and mount centered over top flap.
Add piece of double sided SuperTape™ along bottom of front flap, over the red Oly•Fun™ strip. Apply Deco Foil™ over tape.
Cut two triangles from Gold Metallic Oly•Fun™ and mount on either side of the elephant. Apply double sided tape, then add foil.
Add rhinestone accents around tips of triangles and on foiled tape at bottom of flap.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Loop Granny Square Crochet Border
- Granny Square Blue Agate Crochet Blanket
- Cereal Box Leprechaun Trap
- Modern Double Crochet V-stitch Chunky Blanket
- Classy Crochet Textured Blanket In Blue
- Coral Expressions Chunky Crochet Baskets
- Carron Cake Beanie
- Wavy Shells Pocket Scarf
- Free Mother's Day Printable Coupon Cards
- How To Glam Up Your Dessert Buffet
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home