Winter Rays Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This easy ribbed crochet hat is sure to become a staple in your winter wardrobe. It’s a perfect pattern for a confident beginner – not too difficult but with a couple of techniques to offer a challenge (like the slip stitch ribbing and front post stitches). This hat is crocheted from the bottom up. First, crochet the ribbing in a long strip, then join the edges and work the rest of the hat in the round. You start decreasing the circumference of the hat about half way up so when you reach the top of the crown the gap that needs to be closed up is quite small."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeRibbing: 5 stitches x 5 rows sl st ribbing = 1” x 1”
Body: 16 stitches x 13 rows = 4” x 4” in hdc
The body gauge is the one that you need to try to match as the ribbing will stretch
Finished SizeToddler/Child/Adult S/Adult M
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Turn your home into a winter wonderland with these homemade white pom pom ornaments. These super simple white pom poms were… Continue reading: "Classically Simple Pom Pom Ornaments"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Washcloth Bunny And Chick
- Printable Easter Basket Tags
- How To Make Tie Dye Easter Eggs
- Foam Cup Chick
- Spring Gingham Placemats
- Cracked Colored Eggs
- Face Mask Sewing Patterns Roundup
- Super Simple Face Mask Pattern For Adults And Kids
- Crochet Easter Bunny Eggs
- Pocket Tote Bag Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home