Waves Of Emotions Cowl
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Our emotions rise and fall throughout our days in reflection to our external and internal circumstances. Some come and go without much notice, while some leave noticeable ridges affecting the fabric and texture of our consciousness. The inspiration behind this cowl was this ever-present process that is likened to movement of sea waves rolling over each other. The sheen of the yarn resembles the reflection of sun on the surface of the sea. The cowl is made using fine soft cotton yarn that is great for light accessory worn close to skin."
NotesThe cowl is crocheted flat.
The pattern uses two strands of yarn at once.
Odd rows create wavy pattern and even rows create texture.
The pattern starts with ch sts and ends with a row of slip sts into the back lp.
The cowl is seamed using the Locking Mattress Stitch.
Beginning ch 4 counts as a 1st st.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge:
11 sts and 14 rows = 10cm x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over sc st
11 sts and 8 rows = 10cm x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over st patt
Finished SizeThe final shawl measurements (blocked): 90 x 24 cm (approx. 35.5 x 9.5 in)
- Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima Fine (100% Pima Cotton | yarn weight | 50 g (1.75 oz) = 125 m (136.7 yds), Deep Sea Foam (#3797) 4 skeins
- 6.5 mm (K-10.5) crochet hook or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This isn't your typical beginner knit cowl or scarf! Made with only one skein of yarn and with big needles, it works up fast. Perfect… Continue reading: "Eiffel Beginner Knit Cowl Pattern"
- Amigurumi Crochet Animals: Easter Chick, Lamb, Bunny Crochet Pattern
- Easy Weekend Crochet Afghan
- Lovely Bobble Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Coin Purse
- Prettiest Flower Crocheted Scrubbies Pattern
- C2c Bunny
- Heartfelt Prayer Square
- Mother’s Day Crochet Heart
- Basic C2c Chunky Afghan
- Mini Bunny Amigurumi
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tshirt Yarn Crochet Trivet Potholder
- Window Pane Crochet Stitch Pattern
- Variable Star Quilt Block
- Life Is Sweet Watermelon
- Easy Handmade Fabric Border
- Avery Beanie
- Mosaic Triangles Pillow
- Long Arm Oven Mitts Free Sewing Pattern
- Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Lily's Floral Gift Card Holder
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home