This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Pepper And Salt Panda
"The Pepper and Salt Panda crochet pattern is a softie that is small enough to tote on adventures yet large enough for little hands to hug. This cute creature can stand on its own thanks to weighted pellets in its feet. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting in the round Crocheting over yarn tails, changing colors, magic adjustable ring (pattern includes linked video tutorials) Seaming with single crochet (pattern includes video tutorial) Seaming with whipstitch (pattern includes link to photo tutorial) Special Stitch Pattern: Bob (includes written description and video tutorial) Special Stitch Pattern: Invdec (includes written description and link to video tutorial)"
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeExact gauge is not critical for this pattern. Stitches should be tight so that fiber filling doesn’t show through.
Finished SizeApproximately 7” (18 cm) tall after stuffing.
- King Cole Fashion Aran yarn (70% acrylic/30% wool, 3 oz/100 g, 219 yd/200 m) – 1 skein each in 3318 Black (CA) and 45 Natural (CB), or approximately 85 yd (78 m) in each of 2 colors in medium weight acrylic or acrylic blend yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Stitch marker set.
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
- 12 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 16 oz. bag.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Poly-Pellets Weighted Stuffing Beads – 24 oz. bag (optional).
- Pair of stockings or tights (optional).
- Tablespoon (for measuring stuffing beads) (optional).
Read NextBobbles Christmas Tree