Microspun Crochet Fantabulous Flip Flops
Dress up your old flip-flops with this fun and easy summer crochet craft from Lion Brand Yarn! Use scrap yarn to cover your flip-flop straps with soft and comfy crochet.
Find more crochet flip flops and other great flip flop projects in 7 Flip Flop Craft Projects.
- Lion Brand 910-113 Microspun: Cherry Red, 1 ball
- Crochet hook Size H/8 (5 mm)
- Large-eyed blunt needle (set of 6)
- Craft glue
- Make a slip knot.
- Starting at edge of one strap and sole of flip-flop and holding yarn across the top of strap, reach under strap; catch yarn leading from the ball with hook. Yarn over and pull through both loops – single crochet made around strap of flip-flop. Repeat until strap is completely covered, ending at opposite side of flip-flop. Fasten off, leaving a 5 in. 12.5 cm end. Weave in ends.
- Large motif (make 1 for each flip-flop)
Chain 5, join with a slip stitch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Chain 7, *double crochet into ring, chain 4; repeat from* 7 times; join with a stitch to top of beginning chain. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Small motifs (make 2 for each flip-flop)
Chain 4, join with a slip stitch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Chain 4, *single crochet into ring, chain 3; repeat from* 4 times; join with a stitch to top of beginning chain. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Glue motifs to flip-flops as desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet"
View our collection of 100s of free crochet patterns and crochet craft projects! You'll find everything from beautiful beginner crochet projects to crochet dishcloth patterns to crochet baby blankets. It's all here, just waiting for you to discover. Happy crocheting!
Sign Up for More Free Projects