We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This poncho pattern is great for beginners as there is no edging at the neck or bottom. I love the simplicity of the finish. Adding the fringe is also optional, but I just love fringes. Ponchos are so on trend right now. You can make the Herringbone Poncho with your choice of worsted weight yarn, either acrylic, wool or cotton, just look for the number (4) on the yarn label. This poncho is perfect for any season as it is meant for layering and creating your own look. To wear it in summer just pop it on over a t shirt, and in winter add it over a warm sweater for extra coziness."
NotesThis crochet pattern is written in US terms (more details).
All measurements given are unblocked.
Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger (more details).
Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge (more details).
This pattern is written for 4 sizes.
At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis. Every row will have the same amount of stitches as row 1.
This pattern is written in rows, so turns are assumed at the end of each row, not written; therefore please ch 2 after turning, ready to begin the new row.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeMeasured with herringbone double crochet stitches crocheted in rows.
9 stitches & 7 rows per 10 cm / 4”.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Our knitting group was asked to try to think of a creative green use for plastic grocery bags thus, 'Plarn was born. Plarn, plastic… Continue reading: "How to Make Plarn, Plastic Bag Yarn Knit Tote Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chinese Pixie Amigurumi Doll
- Woodland Leaf Fairy Amigurumi Doll
- Pressed Flower Candle Diy
- Dc Superhero Popsicle Stick Puppets
- Printable Grinch Word Search
- One Hour Crochet Bag
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Activities
- Homemade Photo Coasters
- Gift Card Holder (Free Printables!)
- Lace Back Tee
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home