Children's Crochet Capelet and Purse
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Now there's an easy crochet pattern for a child's version of the ever-stylish capelet. Along with the matching crochet purse, this project makes a great homemade gift for the little girl in your life.
- Crochet hook size K/10 1/2 (6.5mm)
- 1 heart shaped button 1" wide for Capelet
- Tapestry needle (tn)
- stitch marker for purse
- Caron International’s Glimmer (85% acrylic,15% Polyester chenille; 1.75 oz/50 g, 55yds/50m): 3 (4, 5) skeins #0004 Carnation for Capelet; 2 skeins for Purse
S (M, L) To fit: Child's size 2 (4-6, 8)
Neck: Approximately 10 (12, 14)" in circumference
Approximately 9" in diameter by 7" tall, excluding strap
Using size K/10.5 (6.5mm) hook, in St patt: 10 sts and 6 rows = 4"/10cm
Chain (ch), Double crochet (dc), Single crochet (sc), Slip stitch (sl st)
STITCH PATTERN (Capelet)
- Ch number of sts indicated for your size.
- Foundation Row: Beg in second ch from hook, sc in each ch across, turn.
- Row 1 (WS): Ch 2 (counts as dc), working into front loop only, dc across, inc as indicated, end dc in turning ch, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 1, skip 1 dc, working into back loop only, sc across, end sc in turning ch, turn.
- Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for St patt.
Ch 3, skip first st, * sc in next st, ch 3, skip next st; rep from * across, end sc in turning ch.
- Beg at neck edge, ch 26 (30, 34) sts. (RS) Work Foundation Row—25 (29, 33) sc. Beg St patt as follows:
- Row 1: Ch 2, skip first sc, work 2 dc in next sc (inc), dc in next sc; rep from * across, end dc in turning ch—37 (43, 49) sts, turn.
- Row 2 and all RS rows: Work even in St patt.
- Row 3: Ch 2, skip first sc, * inc, dc in next 2 sc; rep from * across, end last rep dc in turning ch—49 (57, 65) sts, turn.
- Row 5: Ch 2, skip first sc, dc in next 1 (1, 2) sc, * inc, dc in next 2 sc, inc; rep from * across, end last rep dc in turning ch—65 (75, 85) sts, turn.
- Row 7: Ch 2, skip first sc, dc in next 0 (0, 1) sc, * inc, dc in next 2 sc, inc; rep from * across, end last rep inc (dc, dc) in turning ch—77 (81, 113) sts, turn.
- Row 8: Repeat Row 2.
Note: Capelet meas approx 5 1/2"; Edging will add 1/2". Each repeat of Rows 7 and 8 will add approx 1 1/4" to length; repeat Rows 7 and 8 for longer length, if desired, inc evenly around on each Row 7.
- Work Edging along lower edge of Capelet; fasten off.
Block piece if necessary, following instructions on ball band. Sew button to upper left Front opposite first dc row; use first dc as buttonhole. Weave in ends. +
- Ch 4, join with a sl st to first ch to form a ring.
- Foundation Row: Ch 1 (counts as sc), work 7 sc in ring, join with a sl st in first sc—8 sc.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1 (counts as sc), work sc in same sc as sl st, work 2 sc in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc—16 sc.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1 (counts as sc), work sc in same sc as sl st, * sc in next sc, work 2 sc in next sc (inc); rep from * around, join—24 sts.
- Rnd 3: Work as Rnd 2, working 2 sc between each inc—32 sts. Rnd 4: Work as Rnd 2, working 3 sc between each inc—40 sts.
- Rnd 5: Ch 1, work even in sc around, join.
- Rnd 6: Ch 2, work even in dc around, join.
- Rnds 7 and 8: Repeat Rnd 5.
- Rnds 9 and 10: Ch 2, work in dc, inc 4 sts evenly each rnd—48 sts after Rnd 10.
- Rnd 11: Repeat Rnd 6.
- Rnd 12 – Eyelet Rnd: Ch 3 (counts as dc, ch 1), skip next dc, * dc in next dc, ch 1; rep from * around, join—24 eyelets. Rnd 13: Repeat Rnd 5.
- Ruffle: Ch 2 (counts as dc), work 2 dc in same sc as join, * skip 1 sc, work 3 dc in next sc; rep from * around, join.
- Work Edging along upper edge of Ruffle.
- Block piece if necessary, following instructions on ball band.
- Strap: Work a chain 18" long or length desired; sew one end to upper edge of eyelet row; fold bag in half, sew other end of strap to opposite side (see schematic).
- Tie: Work a chain 34" long or length desired; weave through Eyelets. Pull to close top of bag; tie in a bow, (see photo). Weave in ends.
Washing Instructions ~ Hand Washing And Drying: Turn inside out and wash gently in warm water using a mild detergent. Gently rinse well in cold water. Lay flat on a towel and roll in towel to remove excess water. DO NOT WRING, STRETCH OR HANG TO DRY.
Handling Instructions: When using the yarn be sure to tie a knot at the beginning of each skein and at both yarn ends when joining. A small amount of shedding can be expected when using this yarn under normal conditions.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Snowflake Free Pattern
- Fabric Postcards (and Fabric Postcard Ornaments)
- Reindeer Ornament
- Wreath Christmas Tree Ornament
- Stacked Yarn Ball Ornament
- Paragon Square Ornament
- Dangling Snowman Ornament
- Poinsettia Lace Ornament
- Chunky Lace Vest
- Snowglobe Ornament
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home