Crocheted Gift Card Holder
A Crocheted Gift Card Holder is a lovely and fun way to display a gift card. This adorable crochet pattern uses a 5mm hook and is perfect for giving Christmas gifts. Stuff this cute crocheted pouch with a gift card assortment or cash for a gift that's sure to keep on giving. You could even use this little crocheted bag to store homemade goodies, candies, or chocolate covered pretzel sticks.
- 1 ball RED HEART® “Super Saver®" yarn in White (A)
- 1 ball RED HEART® “Super Saver®" yarn in Hot Red (B)
- 1 ball RED HEART® “Super Saver®" yarn in Hunter Green (C)
- 5mm [US H-8] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 16 sts = 4"; 20 rows = 4" in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
With A, ch 26.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; turn – 25 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in back loop only of each sc across, changing to B in last st; turn.
Rows 3 and 4: With B, repeat Row 2, changing to A in last st of Row 4.
- Rows 5-28: Repeat Row 2, alternating 2 rows A and 2 rows B until 7 stripes of each color have been completed, ending with 2 rows of B. Fasten off.
- Working into row ends, join B with a slip st in upper right corner st; * ch 10, slip st in end of next row; repeat from * across. Fasten off.
Leaf (Make 2)
- With C, ch 4, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, 5 dc in next ch, working along opposite side of foundation ch, hdc in next ch, sc in last ch; join with a slip st to first sc. Fasten off, leaving a 12" end for sewing.
- Sew back seam. Fold up brim. Flatten cap and tack bottom opening closed. Sew Leaves to brim; embroider several French Knot berries with a doubled strand of B.
- Make a chain 12" long. Weave chain through cap directly under Pompom row. Insert gift card. Pull tie tightly to close top opening of cap and form a pompom. Tie ends together to form hanger.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet for Christmas"
Crochet for Christmas
Find free crochet patterns for Christmas decorating crafts, Christmas gifts and more.
There are no records