Christmas Wine Bottle Cover
This Christmas Wine Bottle Cover is the perfect complement to any hostess gift! All you need is this free crochet pattern to get you started.
- RED HEART “Spark-a-Doodle”: 1 ball each 9901 Reddy A and 9368 Shamrock B.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9].
- Small amount of scrap yarn to match A
- Yarn needle
- 1 yd ribbon
With scrap yarn, ch 30. Fasten off.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Join A in 1st ch, ch 1, sc in same st, sc in each ch across; turn – 30 sts.
- Row 2: Ch 2, sc in each st across; turn. Repeat Row 2 until Bottle Cover is 7” from beginning. Fasten off.
- Next Row: Join B in 1st st, ch 2, sc in each st across; turn. Repeat Row 2 until Bottle Cover is 13 1/2”, ending with a Right Side row. Fasten off.
- Next Row (Wrong Side): Join A in 1st st, ch 2, sc in each st across; turn.
- Next Row: Ch 2, sc in each st across. Fasten off.
- Fold Bottle Cover in half. With scrap yarn, sew ends and bottom together to form tube.
- Weave ribbon through sts at neck of Bottle Cover and tie into a bow.
- Bottle Cover is 14” tall and 13” around.
- GAUGE: 15 sc = 6½”; 16 rows = 4”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- A, B, C = Color A, Color B, Color C, etc
- ch = chain
- mm = millimeters
- sc = single crochet
- st(s) = stitch(es)
This collection of 11 Ways to Learn How to Wrap Wine Bottles includes more Christmas wine bottle crafts as well as bottle cozies that would be perfect for a Thanksgiving hostess gift.