Puffball Gnome Crochet Ornament Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make your own darling gnome crochet ornament that looks like a puffball! This adorable ornament is easy to make and so cute for the tree.
From the Designer: "I was browsing through my newsfeed on facebook and one of my friends shared a picture of some cute little gnomes that were made out of felt. I thought they were so adorable that I wanted to come up with my own little crocheted version. I think that what I came up with is just as adorable and I want to share the pattern with ya'll! They can be used as ornaments on your Christmas tree or they can be used as decorations."
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- G (4.0 mm) crochet hook
- Medium 4 Weight Yarn and Worsted Weight Yarn: (I used Caron Simply Soft for the beard, Caron Simply Soft Party for the hat and Red Heart With Love for the nose)
- Puffball maker-store bought or home made (Mine is 2.5 inches in diameter and makes 3 inch in diameter puffballs and my puffball gnomes are 4.5 inches tall)
- Darning Needle
- Hot Glue or preferred glue
- Yarn or string to hang the ornament
- Small fuzzy pom pom or you can make a small yarn puffball
- Stitch marker or scrap yarn
- Small amount of polyester fiberfill
This project is part of our 30 Days of Christmas celebration, where we release a new project every day in September! Visit our hub page to view all the beautiful projects this month: 30 Days of Christmas 2019
Make a yarn puffball with either a store bought puffball maker or you can make your own. My yarn puffball maker is 2.5 inches across and it makes puffballs that are 3 inches across.
How To Make A Yarn Pom Pom Without A Pom Pom Maker
How To Make Pom Poms 2 Ways Video Tutorial
The hat is worked in a spiral. Use a stitch marker or yarn to mark the beginning of each round.
R1: Make a loose slip knot or a magic circle, ch 1 and put 4 sc into the loose slip knot. =4
Pull on the tail end to close the hole.
R2: 2sc in each stitch around. =8
R3: sc in each stitch around. =8
R4: *2sc in the next stitch, sc in the next stitch.* Repeat from the star around. =12
R5-R7: sc in each stitch around. =12
R8: *2sc in the next stitch, sc in the next 2 stitches.* Repeat from the star around. =16
R9-R10: sc in each stitch around. =16
R11: *2sc in the next stitch, sc in the next 3 stitches.* Repeat from the star around. =20
R12-R13: sc in each stitch around. =20
R14: *2sc in the next stitch, sc in the next 4 stitches.* Repeat from the star around. =24
R15: *2sc in the next stitch, sc in the next stitch.* Repeat from the star around. Sl st to the first sc of the round. =36
Cut the yarn, leaving the tail long enough to sew to the puffball beard. Weave in the other end, stuff the hat with a small amount of polyester fiberfill (or yarn scraps) and shape it.
R1: Make a loose slip knot or a magic circle and ch 2, *YO, insert the hook into the loose slip knot or the magic circle, YO and pull up a loop. YO and pull through the first 2 loops on the hook.* Repeat from the star 4 more times. You should now have 6 loops on the hook. YO and pull through all 6 loops on the hook, ch 1 and sl st into the loose slip knot.
Cut the yarn, sew to the front of the hat and weave in the ends.
Sew the hat to the puffball beard, glue on the fuzzy pom pom or make a tiny yarn puffball and glue it to the hat.
Attach a string for hanging.
- sl st
- slip stitch
- single crochet
- single crochet increase
- yarn over
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Cupcake liner crafts can be some of the prettiest projects out there, and this wreath is no exception. Create a stunning cupcake liner… Continue reading: "Faux Flower Cupcake Liner Wreath"
- Puffball Gnome Crochet Ornament Pattern
- Little Angel
- Christmas Star Crochet Ornament Pattern
- Angel Ornament Pattern
- 41 Free Crochet Christmas Ornament Patterns
- Christmas Bauble with Hearts
- Crochet Candy Cane Ornament
- Bull's-Eye Ornaments
- Crochet Bauble Christmas Ornaments
- Santa's Christmas Cowboy Boot
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Glow In The Dark Plastic Water Bottle Bowling
- Blueberry Lemon Easy Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Beginner Crafts: 12 Simple Craft Ideas for Adults
- 11 Radiant Rainbow Crafts and Rainbow Art
- Unicorn Snot Glitter Gel
- Upsp Postage Stamp Earrings
- Diy Shirt: 5 Minute Sewing Tutorial
- How To Hang Any Mug Rug - After You've Made It!
- Hanging Christmas Tree With Ornaments For Kids
- Fairy Crown With Template
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home