My favorite of our free crochet angel patterns, this crochet angel comes complete with glitter halo and button face. The crochet wings are quick and easy to make. Make an ornament, pin or fridge magnet with this angel crochet pattern. This pattern comes to from M.E.H. Designs.
- Yarn: Scraps of white and gold
- Crochet hook: size 5 mm (US H)
- 1 2-hole button
- 1 fancy button or beads
- 10 inch length of ribbon
- 1 gold glitter stem
- White glue, or a hot glue gun
Make the wings
- Chain 7, single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and in each stitch across the row. Chain 1 and turn.
- Single crochet in each stitch across the row, chain 1 and turn.
- Repeat row 2 for 8 more rows. Fasten off. Fold in half to find the center, and tie a short piece of yarn tightly to gather and form the shape of wings.
Make the body
- Chain 3, 12 double crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook.
- Slip stitch to join and fasten off. (Circle made which is the body).
- Cut a 2 inch length of the ribbon, tie a scrap of yarn in the center.
- Twist a 4 inch length of glitter stem to form a halo.
- Overlap the body at the bottom of the wings slightly and glue.
- Glue a ribbon hanger on the back if using as an ornament.
- Glue a magnet to the back or a pinback.
- Position the button, using the two holes as eyes, and glue.
- Glue a button or beads on the belly.
- Glue the 2 inch ribbon bow at the chin.
- Tuck the glitter stem behind the button, and glue.
Love Faith-Based Crafts?