Simple Crochet Poncho
This simple and pretty poncho from Bernat Yarns should be a staple in every woman's closet. It is an easy crochet pattern that is great for beginners.
- Bernat Softee Chunky (Solids: 100 g/3.5 oz, Ombres: 80 g/2.8 oz)
- XS/M 4 balls
- L/2XL 5 balls
- 3XL/5XL 5 balls
- XS/M 5 balls
- L/2XL 7 balls
- 3XL/5XL 8 balls
- Crochet Hook: size 8 mm (U.S. L or 11) or size needed to obtain gauge.
To fit bust measurement
- Extra-Small/Medium 28-38 ins [ 71-96.5 cm ]
- Large/2 Extra-Large 40-50 ins [ 101.5-127 cm ]
- 3 Extra-Large/5 Extra-Large 52-62 ins [ 132-158 cm ]
Finished lengths from neck to bottom point
- Extra-Small/Medium 19¾ ins [ 50 cm ]
- Large/2 Extra-Large 21¼ ins [ 54 cm ]
- 3 Extra-Large/5 Extra-Large 24 ins [ 61 cm ]
GAUGE: 11 sts and 11 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
Make 2 pieces alike. Ch 84 (88-94).
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. *Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 sc in next ch. Rep from * to end of ch. 83 (87-93) sts. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Ch 1. Miss next sc. Rep from * to last ch-1 sp and sc. 1 sc in last ch-1 sp. 1 sc in last sc. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to last 2 sc. Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in last sc. Turn.
Rep last 2 rows of pat for 14 (15-17) ins [35.5 (38-43) cm]. Fasten off.
Sew two pieces as shown in diagram.
Make chain 37 ins [94 cm] long. Fasten off. Starting at center front, thread Drawstring around neck edge ¾ inch [2 cm] in from edge.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Clothes"
There are so many ways to wear your crochet designs, so save yourself a trip to the mall and get hooking. These crochet sweater patterns, crochet shawl patterns and more will help you look good and feel even better.
Sign Up for More Free Patterns