Open Pattern Poncho
This crochet poncho pattern has an open pattern that creates a fishnet look that is modern and chic. Try this Open Pattern Poncho Crochet Pattern - it's perfect for crocheters at all skill levels. Best of all, it's easy and fun to make, so you'll have a great time from start to finish. If you're looking for warmth and comfort, you can throw this poncho on over anything and wear it on a chilly day. Once you learn how to crochet a poncho, you'll never want to head to a fancy department store or boutique.
- Bernat Satin (Solids 100 g/3.5 oz) 04011(Sable)
- Sizes XS/M–3 balls; L/2XL–4 balls; 3XL/5XL–5 balls
- Size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
To finish bust measurement:
- Extra Small-Medium 28-38 ins [ 71-96.5 cm ]
- Large-2XLarge 40-50 ins [ 101.5-127 cm ]
- 3XLarge-5XLarge 52-62 ins [ 132-158 cm ]
Finished length between neck edge and bottom (excluding fringe):
- Extra Small-Medium 15½ ins [ 39.5 cm ]
- Large-2XLarge 19¼ ins [ 49 cm ]
- 3XLarge-5XLarge 22 ins [ 56 cm ]
Gauge: 17 sts and 6 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
If you love free crochet shawl patterns, then you'll fall in love with the projects featured in our free PDF eBook, 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More. Download, save and print this collection of free poncho patterns - it's a great resource for anyone who loves to crochet. Ponchos look great all year longa never go out of style, so be sure to make a few.
Front and Back (make alike):
- Ch 58.
- 1st row: (WS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. 57 sc. Turn.
- 2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *1 dc in each of next 3 sc. Ch 2. Miss next 2 sc.* Rep from * to * 4 times more. 1 dc in each of next 2 sc. (1 dc. Ch 3. 1 dc) in next sc for center V-point. 1 dc in each of next 2 sc. Ch 2. Miss next 2 sc. Rep from * to * 4 times. 1 dc in each of next 4 sc. Turn. 57 sts.
- 3rd row: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2). *3 dc in next ch-2 sp. Ch 2. * Rep from * to * to ch-3 sp of center V point. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in ch-3 sp. Ch 2. Rep from * to * to end of row. 1 dc in top of ch-3. Turn.
- 4th row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *3 dc in next ch-2 sp. Ch 2.* Rep from * to * to ch-3 sp of center V-point. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in ch-3 sp. Ch 2. Rep from * to * to end of row. 1 dc in 3rd ch of ch-5. Turn.
- Rep last 2 rows 8 (10-12) times more, working increases as established. 20 (24-28) rows in total.
- Fasten off.
Sew side seams.
Drawstring: Make a chain 50 ins [127 cm] long. Fasten off. Beg at center Front, weave drawstring through ch-2 sps at neck edge.
Fringe: Cut yarn 12 ins [30.5 cm] long. Take 3 strands tog, fold in half and knot into each ch-2 sp across lower edge of poncho. Trim fringe evenly.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Clothes"
There are so many ways to wear your crochet designs, so save yourself a trip to the mall and get hooking. These crochet sweater patterns, crochet shawl patterns and more will help you look good and feel even better.
Sign Up for More Free Patterns