Open Pattern Poncho
This crochet poncho pattern has an open pattern that creates a fishnet look that is modern and chic. Try this Open Pattern Poncho Crochet Pattern - it's perfect for crocheters at all skill levels. Best of all, it's easy and fun to make, so you'll have a great time from start to finish. If you're looking for warmth and comfort, you can throw this poncho on over anything and wear it on a chilly day. Once you learn how to crochet a poncho, you'll never want to head to a fancy department store or boutique.
- Bernat Satin (Solids 100 g/3.5 oz) 04011(Sable)
- Sizes XS/M–3 balls; L/2XL–4 balls; 3XL/5XL–5 balls
- Size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
To finish bust measurement:
- Extra Small-Medium 28-38 ins [ 71-96.5 cm ]
- Large-2XLarge 40-50 ins [ 101.5-127 cm ]
- 3XLarge-5XLarge 52-62 ins [ 132-158 cm ]
Finished length between neck edge and bottom (excluding fringe):
- Extra Small-Medium 15½ ins [ 39.5 cm ]
- Large-2XLarge 19¼ ins [ 49 cm ]
- 3XLarge-5XLarge 22 ins [ 56 cm ]
Gauge: 17 sts and 6 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
If you love free crochet shawl patterns, then you'll fall in love with the projects featured in our free PDF eBook, 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More. Download, save and print this collection of free poncho patterns - it's a great resource for anyone who loves to crochet. Ponchos look great all year longa never go out of style, so be sure to make a few.
Front and Back (make alike):
- Ch 58.
- 1st row: (WS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. 57 sc. Turn.
- 2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *1 dc in each of next 3 sc. Ch 2. Miss next 2 sc.* Rep from * to * 4 times more. 1 dc in each of next 2 sc. (1 dc. Ch 3. 1 dc) in next sc for center V-point. 1 dc in each of next 2 sc. Ch 2. Miss next 2 sc. Rep from * to * 4 times. 1 dc in each of next 4 sc. Turn. 57 sts.
- 3rd row: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2). *3 dc in next ch-2 sp. Ch 2. * Rep from * to * to ch-3 sp of center V point. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in ch-3 sp. Ch 2. Rep from * to * to end of row. 1 dc in top of ch-3. Turn.
- 4th row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *3 dc in next ch-2 sp. Ch 2.* Rep from * to * to ch-3 sp of center V-point. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in ch-3 sp. Ch 2. Rep from * to * to end of row. 1 dc in 3rd ch of ch-5. Turn.
- Rep last 2 rows 8 (10-12) times more, working increases as established. 20 (24-28) rows in total.
- Fasten off.
Sew side seams.
Drawstring: Make a chain 50 ins [127 cm] long. Fasten off. Beg at center Front, weave drawstring through ch-2 sps at neck edge.
Fringe: Cut yarn 12 ins [30.5 cm] long. Take 3 strands tog, fold in half and knot into each ch-2 sp across lower edge of poncho. Trim fringe evenly.