Crochet Angel Shawl
If you're looking for a simple shawl crochet pattern, try this crochet angel shawl by Kristin Omdahl! It's light and simple, a wonderful summer crochet shawl.
Finished size: 72" x 26" not including fringe
- 650 yards of light worsted weight yarn, sample shown in Henry's Attic Prime Alpaca
- 120 yards of assorted ribbons or yarn for fringe
- Crochet hook K (6.5mm)
- Tapestry Needle
Special Stitch Glossary:
Sc-tbl: sc into back loop only
Dtr (double treble): Wrap the yarn over the hook 3 times and insert the hook into the work (or sixth chain from hook). *Wrap the yarn over the hook and draw it through 2 loops.* Repeat from * to * 3 times to complete the triple treble. *RV=5
Note: all stitches are worked through back loop only.
- Row 1: Ch 11 sts, turn, sc into second ch from hook and each ch across, turn. (10 sc)
- Row 2: ch1, 2sc in each sc across, turn. (20 sc)
- Row 3: ch1, sc in each sc across, turn. (20 sc)
- Row 4: ch5 (counts as first dtr, skip first st, dtr in each st across, turn. (20 dtr)
- Row 5: ch1, sc in each st across, turn. (20 sc)
- Row 6: ch1, 2 sc in each sc across, turn. (40 sc)
- Row 7: repeat row 4, turn. (40 dtr)
- **Row 8 - 10: repeat rows 3, 3, 4 (40 sts)
- Row 11 - 13: repeat 2 - 4 (80 sts)
- Row 14 - 16:repeat rows 3, 3, 4 (80 sts)
- Row 17 - 19: repeat rows 3, 3, 4 (80 sts)
- Row 20 - 22: repeat rows 3, 3, 4
- Row 23 - 25: repeat rows 2 - 4 (160 sts)
- Row 26 - 40: repeat rows 20 - 22 (five times)
- Row 41: repeat row 2 (320 sts)
- Row 42: ch1, sc, *ch9, skip 3 sts, sc*, repeat from * to * to end.
- Fasten off. Weave in loose ends.
- Wash the shawl by hand in baby shampoo. Blot dry and block to desired finished size.
- Using the 120 yards of ribbon, cut into 12" lengths. Use 5 or 6 pieces for each ch9 space and attach fringe using a slip knot.
Read NextPerfectly Panache Chic Poncho