This beautiful shawl from Bernat Yarns has striped detail in deep earth tones perfect for the Fall. This free crochet shawl pattern is for all skill levels and it will cozy up every outfit! It's perfect for wearing out on a walk or keeping you warm when you're sitting fireside. Looking for something a little brighter? Change out the colors for reds, purples, and oranges to create another beautiful fall shawl that's sure to please. Making crochet shawl patterns for the fall and autumn is a great way to add transitional pieces to your wardrobe. While sweaters can overheat on particularly toasty fall days, shawls offer a breezy warmth that lets you breath while still keeping you covered.
Find more easy crochet patterns that are perfect beginners in one of our favorite collections. 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns + Help for Beginners offers dozens of free crochet patterns of all shapes and sizes.
- 2 balls of Bernat® Satin Yarn (100 g/3.5 oz; 149 m/163 yds) in the following colors:
- E: Rouge
- D: Cameo
- C: Amber
- B: Buff
- A: Mocha
- Size 5.5 mm (U.S. I or 9) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge
Measurements: Approx 24 x 70 ins [61 x 178 cm].
Gauge: 13 sc and 14 rows = 4 ins [10 cm]
Stripe Pat: Work 2 rows of each color in following sequence: A, B, C, A, D, E. These 12 rows form Stripe Pat.
Shawl is worked widthwise.
- With A, ch 227.
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. 226 sc. Turn.
- 2nd and alt rows: Ch 2 (does not count as st). 1 hdc in each st to end of row. Join B. Turn.
- First 2 rows of Stripe Pat are completed.
- 3rd row: With B, ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 3 hdc. *(Pulling long loop, 1 sc in next foundation ch two rows below – long sc made) twice. 1 sc in each of next 2 hdc. Rep from * to last 3 hdc. 1 sc in each of last 3 hdc. Turn.
- 5th row: With C, Ch 1. 1 sc in first hdc. *Long sc in each of next 2 hdc two rows below. 1 sc in each of next 2 hdc. Rep from * ending with 1 sc in last hdc. Join A. Turn.
- 7th row: With A, ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 3 hdc. *Long sc in each of next 2 hdc two rows below. 1 sc in each of next 2 hdc. Rep from * to last 3 hdc. 1 sc in each of last 3 hdc. Turn.
- 8th row: As 2nd row joining D at end of row.
- Keeping cont of Stripe Pat, rep 5th to 8th rows for pat until work from beg measures approx 24 ins [61 cm], ending with a WS row. Fasten off.
- Finishing: With RS facing join A with sl st to left corner of side edge. Work in sc across side edge of Shawl. Fasten off. Rep across other side.
To make this free crochet pattern, we recommend the following materials. They are all available at a great discount at CutRateCrafts.com!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Clothes"
There are so many ways to wear your crochet designs, so save yourself a trip to the mall and get hooking. These crochet sweater patterns, crochet shawl patterns and more will help you look good and feel even better.
Sign Up for More Free Patterns
There are no records